Dear Diary, that Yr 12 class – OMG. When will they get….oh, sorry, wrong blog.
Mrs Alford has put together the following information that you might find useful. For each of the prompts there are a number of contentions that could become the basis of your response. Keep in mind that this is a short list, and in no way exhaustive.
Prompt 2 – ‘When competing realities clash, the result can only be tragedy’.
- Sometimes it is necessary to challenge reality in order to move forward.
- In order to understand the world around us, we need to be willing to have our reality challenged.
- Clashes in reality are an inevitable part of life.
- Clashes in reality can end in disaster. At other times, they avert it.
Prompt 2 – ‘Reality is what we need to believe’.
- We cannot survive surrounded by uncertainty.
- It is not easy to maintain one’s self-belief when one is doubted by others.
- The need to believe often overshadows and overpowers what we want to believe.
- Wanting to believe in reality is more powerful in enacting change than needing to believe.